
This candy is an easy one to mix up right before the kids go to bed, then pop in the freezer, and its ready within about 45 minutes.
Cutting while hot is CRUCIAL. Otherwise, be prepared for a huge chocolaty mess, and banged up knives.
Toffee
3/4 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 C. butter
1/2 C. chocolate chips (I tend to use a little more. But I like chocolate.)
Butter a 9x9 inch square glass pan and set aside. Heat butter and sugar over medium heat until boiling, stirring constantly.Continue boiling and stirring 7 minutes (it will start smelling like its burning a bit. Fear not, unless you still have 3+ minutes to go, then you may need to turn the heat down.) Pour into buttered pan, and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover pan ( lid, foil, plate, another pan, newspaper, what ever is handy)until chips soften, then spread over toffee with a knife. Cut into squares. Pop in the freezer if your are impatient, or the fridge if you've got awhile, and chill until the chocolate is set. Best eaten while watching a movie with your sweetie.
1 comment:
Oooo, I'm definitely going to try this! This recipe may very well be the reason I fail at my weight loss plan. ;)
Post a Comment