Friday, March 5, 2010

Microwave Potato Chips

Having had the recipe for nearly a year, I finally got around to trying these yesterday, intending to make enough to go with dinner. Well, what you see is all I made, when I realized it was going to take me longer than I thought. They were VERY good (beat store bought hands down), and worth the effort, so I want to make more when I have the time. 

3 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced 1/16" thick (I used Idaho, and only cut up half)
1/4 c. olive oil
salt, and any other seasonings you are feeling adventurous with

Brush both sides of the potato, and arrange on a microwave safe plate that has been lined with 3 thickness's of paper towels. Sprinkle with salt, and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Turn, and microwave another 2-3 minutes (watch carefully- as you can see, mine are rather done.)
or until chips are dry and brittle. Repeat with remaining potatoes, etc. Let chips cool at least 1 minute before serving, store in an air tight container. Mmmmmm.

2 comments:

Erica said...

That does sound good! And much better for you than store bought! I bet sweet potatoes would make good chips!!!!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Wow! That is really easy. Much easier than the method I was using. Thank you for sharing your recipe.