3 onions, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tablespoons fresh basil chopped or 1 tablespoon dried
3 Tablespoons minced parsley
25-30 tomatoes
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon beef bouillon
1. Add oil to a 6-8 quart pot. Saute onions and garlic in oil until transparent. Add basil and parsley.
2. Peel tomatoes (dip in boiling water 15 seconds and peel) and process until like juice.
(I just use one of these babies. GREAT investment!) Add to pot with onions and herbs. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3. Cook on low heat for 1 1/2 hours, stirring often. When sauce is done, ladle into sterile quart jars, leaving 1/2" headspace. Wipe rims and adjust lids. Process 45 minutes in a boiling water bath canner.
Yield: 6 quarts
When using this sauce, I have found mine is not very thick, more juicy. I add most of a large can of tomato paste, and since its also a tad bit acidic, when I'm heating it, I add 1/2 a Tablespoon of beef bouillon, and 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar.
DELICIOUS!
No comments:
Post a Comment